slide1 slide2 slide3 slide4 slide5 slide6 slide7 slide8 slide9 slide10 slide10

How to Apply for Dual Citizenship!

      1. Apply to the Hon Minister for the interior for the grant of Dual Citizenship.
      2. Purchase of Form 10 at the cost of SFr: 150.00) from the Permanent Mission of Ghana in Geneva.
      Attachments to Form 10
      3. Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality Birth Certificate / Passport
      4. For Persons who have renounced their Ghanaian Citizenship Evidence of Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship.
      5. Evidence of Parent’s Nationality – Passport, Voters ID Card, Birth Certificate.
      6. Full residential address and contact numbers of Two (2) Ghanaian relatives living in Ghana
      7. Six (6) passport sized photographs
      8. Issue of Certificate signed by the Hon Minister for the interior (Form 11) at the cost of SFr: 250.00
      A Dual Citizenship Holder
      • Shall be issued with a Ghanaian passport or travel document or dual citizenship certificate beside the Passport of the other country he / she is a national of.
      • Shall be permitted to remain in Ghana without limitation provided the person entered Ghana on a Ghanaian passport.
      • It is an offence for a dual citizenship holder to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an Immigration Officer and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 penalty units or a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year or to both.
      • No dual citizen of Ghana shall qualify to be appointed as a holder of any office specified as below: -
      • o Chief Justice and Justices of the Supreme Court;

      • o Ambassador or High Commissioner;

      • o Secretary to the Cabinet

      • oChief of Defence Staff or any Service Chief;

      • o Inspector- General of Police;

      • o Commissioner, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service;

      • o Director of Immigration Service;

      • o Commissioner, Value Added Tax Service;

      • o Director- General, Prisons Service;

      • o Chief Fire Officer;

      • o Chief Director of a Ministry;

      • o A rank of a Colonel in the Army or its equivalent in the other security services; and Any other public office that the Minister may be legislative instrument prescribes.

      See Procedure on Dual Citizenship

PDF Print E-mail

Contact Us!


56, Rue de Moillebeau,1209 Geneva & Consular Services Section (Ground Floor)

58, Rue de Moillebeau,1209 Geneva


Tel: (+41-22) 919 04 50 - 52)

Fax:( +41-22) - 734 91- 61 ,

Flickr gallery

Sign of the timesAnother City SunriseCity GirlWe Still CareArtwork for Advanced Photoshopshaun white